Friday, November 2, 2012

Season of Storms

It has been a busy week and I meant to blog on Tuesday but time got away from me.
This certainly has been a season of storms not only with the weather but with life in generally.


Three of my friends have sent cries out for prayer this week, for challenges and rocky times in their lives.  Sometimes we have challenges from our own decisions and mistakes that cause storms in our lives.  But the real emotional storms come when we have no idea why this should be happening (ie the illness or death of a child) We all soon or a later encounter storms in our life.  I just don't think we can go through life with out a few storms.

Storms challenge our faith. Storms cause us to look up to God for strength. Storms cause us to change and grow.  Storm stretch us outside our comfort zone.

Storms for the soul are like my doing a marathon. The marathon training caused my muscles and heart to be stretched and change and grow. Then I had to properly nourish my muscles with good food to continue to stay strong and perform a marathon.

After the marathon I knew that I wasn't the same person I was before.  I had reached and completed a challenging goal.  I was strengthened physically, spiritually, and mentally. I was a stronger more confident person. Would I have reached this place in my life had I not been challenged by the marathon?  Was it easy training or recovering?  But it was all worth it in the end.  When you can look back on it all and see the whole picture.

I pray for all of those out there who need prayer and have a storm in their life.  But I know that no one get out of this world unscathed. And I know, that God's not mad at you. But He can't leave us where we are at, we have to change and grow and be challenged outside of our comfort zone.  Then we have to dig into the Word of God to nourish our spiritual muscles and soul to continue on with strength.

There were a few time during the Marathon I thought, why should I go on?  I could just quit right here? Just give up? But I prayed for strength to go on. I knew there were others out there praying for me.  I got to a point in the marathon where I had to give it up and give it to God.  He pulled me through to the end.  I have a Savior who has suffered with us and for us.  He carried me through.  He will carry me through the storms of this life.

God said, "My power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:19



I pray for all those suffering after the Hurricane Sandy.  I pray for all those who's heart are hurting.  I pray for all of you.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment