Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Off and Running

Well, I did it.  I got back out and ran again after my stitches came out.  I was nervous and excited all at the same time.  Questions run through your head:  Should I be doing this?  Is it too soon?  Will it hurt and I will have to turn around?
So I talked the teenage daughter in to tagging along on  her bike (I bribed her with shopping in the big city).
Off we went to the big city where they have fabulous bike trails (and serious dog lease laws) that go on for miles and miles.  I started off with a good warm up and then headed into my running wearing my calf compression. 
All went so well that I ran 9.5 miles, I was striving for 10 but ran out of trail and daughter ran out of patients.
I felt just as good as I did two weeks ago when I first go injured.  SO SO EXCITED ( I just had to shout)
Daughter was great water carrier and support team.  Showered at Anytime (cause my membership is good in lots of places!) Took daughter for icecream and shopping.  Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Well what about the next morning you ask!  I felt fine. A little muscle soreness but nothing out of the ordinary.  Sunday:  went for a 4 mile easy run.  Did notice that my form is a little off, but I will focus on that this week. 
End of the trail


Then today, I got my electronic copy of Runner World and I read the editorial.  All about pitbulls biting runners.  Wow!  That's what happend to me!  I got only half way through the story before my heart was racing and I stressed out.  Have to read the rest of the story later.  A little at a time.
What a coincidence.  I did a shout out to the editor of RW.  Hope he gets the message.

Have a great week. Chicago here we come! 25 days and counting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment