I have found a blog and podcast that I really love. Another Mother Runner by Sarah and Dimity. http://anothermotherrunner.com/ Their blogs and podcast are so real and reminds me that I am so normal/in the norm. These ladies and their running are just like me. Now that is refreshing. I have also learned so much from them about hydration, recovery, better shoes etc...
So this week they posed the question of "10 Running Related Questions" about yourself. I thought that it would be fun to try. Come along and play the game with us.
1. Best Run Ever: Running my 1st half marathon. I was aiming for 2:30 and when I came across the 9 mile mark where there was a time clock (cause I didn't wear a watch then) and saw that I was 10 minutes ahead of goal I was so pumped. Ended up finishing in 2:20. YAH
2. Three words that describe running: challenging, exhilarating, enlightening.
3. My go to running outfit: Compression shorts and my Green bay half marathon shirt. The compression shorts because after having 2 kids, gaining weight and loosing weight your thighs just never look the same and friction is a problem. I just like the feel of my old half marathon shirt even though it is looking a little ragged. It's hard to part with an old friend.
4. Quirky Habit: Strange hand movements especially when a great rhythmic song is on Iphone.
5. Morning, Midday or Evening Runner: I do not do mornings! No time in the midday. So evening it is.
6. I won't run outside if: It is snowy and Icy. I am just to old to risk falling on my butt.
7. Worst Injury: dog bite to my right calf about 6 weeks before this years Chicago Marathon. 8 stitches, a lot of bruising and swelling. But I am back to running and ready for Chicago.
8. I feel most bada## when: I cross the finish line running! I was glad to finish Chicago last year standing up. Especially when the last .25 mile was going over a bridge. Who's great design was that!
9. Next big race is: Chicago Marathon October 7th 2012. I did this race last year for the first time. At first I thought that I would never do it again. Then after my recovery I found that all I could think about was running it again.
10. Potential Goal: This really might not be a goal, but more of an item on my bucket list. 2013 Inaugural Nike Womens 1/2 Marathon in Washington D.C. I have always wanted to visit DC and this will make my husband take me! What could be better then running through our capital. But I have to hope and pray that I get into the lottery and when I do my name is chosen! (Plus, it is on my BIRTHDAY!)
On a side note, 11 days until Chicago Marathon. I am so excited!
My fundraising with World Vision is going better then I could ever imagine.
Have a great week running!