Tuesday, September 25, 2012

10 Running Related Questions

I have found a blog and podcast that I really love. Another Mother Runner by Sarah and Dimity. http://anothermotherrunner.com/ Their blogs and podcast are so real and reminds me that I am so normal/in the norm.  These ladies and their running are just like me.  Now that is refreshing. I have also learned so much from them about hydration, recovery, better shoes etc...
So this week they posed the question of "10 Running Related Questions" about yourself.  I thought that it would be fun to try. Come along and play the game with us.

1. Best Run Ever:  Running my 1st half marathon.  I was aiming for 2:30 and when I came across the 9 mile mark where there was a time clock (cause I didn't wear a watch then) and saw that I was 10 minutes ahead of goal I was so pumped. Ended up finishing in 2:20. YAH

2.  Three words that describe running: challenging, exhilarating, enlightening.


3.  My go to running outfit:  Compression shorts and my Green bay half marathon shirt.  The compression shorts because after having 2 kids, gaining weight and loosing weight your thighs just never look the same and friction is a problem.  I just like the feel of my old half marathon shirt even though it is looking a little ragged. It's hard to part with an old friend.

4.  Quirky Habit: Strange hand movements especially when a great rhythmic song is on Iphone.

5.  Morning, Midday or Evening Runner: I do not do mornings!  No time in the midday.  So evening it is.

6.  I won't run outside if:   It is snowy and Icy.  I am just to old to risk falling on  my butt.

7.  Worst Injury:  dog bite to my right calf about 6 weeks before this years Chicago Marathon.  8 stitches, a lot of bruising and swelling.  But I am back to running and ready for Chicago.

8.  I feel most bada## when:  I cross the finish line running! I was glad to finish Chicago last year standing up.  Especially when the last .25 mile was going over a bridge. Who's great design was that!

9.  Next big race is:  Chicago Marathon October 7th 2012.  I did this race last year for the first time.  At first I thought that I would never do it again.  Then after my recovery I found that all I could think about was running it again.

10.  Potential Goal:  This really might not be a goal, but more of an item on my bucket list. 2013 Inaugural Nike Womens 1/2 Marathon in Washington D.C.  I have always wanted to visit DC and this will make my husband take me!  What could be better then running through our capital. But I have to hope and pray that I get into the lottery and when I do my name is chosen! (Plus, it is on my BIRTHDAY!)


On a side note, 11 days until Chicago Marathon.  I am so excited!
My fundraising with World Vision is going better then I could ever imagine.

Have a great week running!

No comments:

Post a Comment