Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thankful....

Gratitude does the body good!
Give things, and you may get something back: better health. University of California researcher Dr. Robert Emmons found that grateful people report a host of benefits, such as stronger immune systems, better sleep, and more joy and optimism.  To foster gratitude write down what you are thankful for. 
(FamilyFun Magazine Nov 2012)



I have a lot to be thankful for this month. 
I had really high hopes of doing better with my second marathon then I had with the first.  I did end up 5 minutes better but I was really shooting for 20 min.  I was feeling really terrific until mile 20 then it all fell apart from there and my quads cramped up. 
But as I reflect on the running season I am thankful for alot of things:

  • Thanks to my family and friends for giving me the time in our busy schedules to run.
  • I am so thankful to have been able to run with World Vision and raise money for children and families around the world who can benefit from clean safe water. 
  • Thank you to all my family and friends who donated money to World Vision on my behalf. Their generosity has been such a blessing.
  • Thank you to my church family who gave me words of support and all their prayers.
  • Thank you to my friend Jo who tracked my marathon while in church.  I knew that each time I crossed a sensor she was praying for me. 
  • Thanks for my health.  I might not have been able to finish this marathon if I hadn't healed up quickly from the dog bite that occurred 40 days ago. 
  • Thankful for the financial blessings to be able to participate in running events.
  •  I thank the Lord for all that he has done for me.  For the grace I didn't deserve
"For it is in giving that we receive." -St Francis of Assisi
 

What are you Thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment